Isn't that a great name for a restaurant?
Okay, I must admit that I have never actually eaten there, but I've heard it's fabulous. I used to go to the former restaurant, Stella, quite frequently so I don't know why I always forget about it! hmmm...anyway, the topic at hand...
Fraternity Rush!
This is not your typical "Greek Life" from college, although I do miss those days. (Chi Omega just got 104 new members Saturday. 104! Oh, I miss my days at the Chi-O house!) The dental school fraternities are laid-back, co-ed organizations that basically operate just to provide a social outlet for students outside of the stresses of our two little blocks in the medical district. We encourage the D1s to get involved, whichever organization they choose.
I missed our first 'Rush' event last Monday due to another meeting, so I was ready to go on Wednesday. We had our annual cocktail party at the aforementioned Flight, which is one of my favorite events all year! After wearing scrubs 5 days a week it is nice to remember what it's like to look nice. And wear heels.
Michelle and me
happy to be out of clinic and out on the town!
We survived both Dr. Beaupre AND Dr. Durdik together at the UA. Steve and I can conquer anything.
It was so great to catch up with Jessica! She just had a baby. I know, you wouldn't have known, would you? Baby E was at Anna's playing for the night so Mrs. Gambill could come celebrate the beginning of her back-to-school, too!
Beautiful Ashley, my fellow football fan, birthday twin, and basically just a-mazing girl! I'm so glad we had that conversation a year ago where I said, "um, why aren't you applying to dental school?!?" and Ashley just looked at me and smiled. Now here she is in Memphis with me!
Jessica (D1), Ashley (D1), me, Sarah (D3), Megan (D3), and Stefania (an Italian exchange student)
I'm slowly but surely meeting the D1s and learning their names. Emphasis on slowly.
And a few D1s whose names I didn't need to learn:
Some of my faves from the UA!
Lance, who worked for Dr. Hays, and Jessi and Nicole, both Chi-Os a few pledge classes behind me. The Chi-O hootie-hoos are taking over UT!
It was nice to get out and enjoy time with friends away from school. This was just the first celebration of many last week, so there will be many more posts and pictures to come in the next few days!
Happy Monday!
No comments:
Post a Comment